Friday, April 8, 2011

It's FRIDAY!!!

I LUV, LUV, LUV Fridays!!!! How I love Fridays!.....Oh, did I tell you how much I love Fridays? Well, after noon, that is. From 6-12, I'm in the hospital with my students, but come noon, let the weekend begin!!! Woo Hoo!! Being in the hospital with my nursing students on Thursdays and Fridays is all I've known for so many years. Now, next week will be the last week that will happen. I can hardly believe that after more than 37 years of teaching nursing, I'm retiring. It is just a bit scary. I find myself so often thinking about how am I going to pass this paton on to the next one? Will she get all the information I need to give her before I leave? Will she carry on as I've done it for so long? What changes will occur? Then I think, "Sheryl! What do you care?! You'll be outta there!" But it is really hard to give up - even as much as I'm looking forward to the time off.

I'm making my bucket list, but for the first few days, I'm going to do absolutely NOTHING - or whatever I WANT to do. Then I will travel to North Carolina to be with my husband who is a contract project engineer, currently working for a company there in Greenville/Spartanburg. This time I'll be able to stay for as long as I want. The nice part of that is that my daughter, husband, and two granddaughters live there! Isn't that nice?!! I'll be able to help her get some of her bags put together. When I have a chance I help by sewing the bag part, and then she puts on all the little creative touches that only she can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment