Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Days of Retirement

It really doesn't seem like I'm retired yet. I often go visit my daughter, Jeannine, in SC between semesters. That's where I am right now, so it just feels like I'm on vacation. I even dreamed last night I was back to school. ARGH!

We spent the weekend in the mountains of North Carolina with Jeannine, Charles and the girls.

We rented a cabin on the Nantahala River.

It was relaxing watching those in kayaks and rubber rafts bouncing over the rapids of the river.

Guy did a little fly fishing, but no luck catching anything.
The girls got new bicycles and are learning to ride the trails.
Me? I just enjoyed watching everyone else do their thing.
We went into a little town, Bryson, Sunday morning on our way home to get some coffee. I took a picture of this stairway because I thought it was so interesting.
The girls met a little friend, Charlie, outside the coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment