Sunday, March 18, 2012

Latest Quilts

The first quilt is made from a jelly roll with me adding the light background.  You can't see it in this distant picture, but the dark areas are all different fabrics.  I finished the pieced part at a recent quilt retreat and added the borders yesterday.  Now just need to get it quilted.

This little number is made from 5" charm squares.  Since I don't have any more fabric to make borders in that line of fabric, I think I'll just quilt and bind as is.  I much prefer the finished look of borders, but don't really want to order more fabric just for that.  Plus, I'm not sure where I even got these charm squares.  I just kind of collect them from here and there.  :)


I seem to be stuck on quilts from pre-cut fabrics.  I'm just a sucker when I see them.  They are so easy to use with minimal cutting, and I'm all for all the shortcuts one can get.  So many quilts, so little time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment