Sunday, August 18, 2013

Rainy Sunday....

Yesterday we did some more running around.  Guy rotated the tires on his pickup, and then we went to Kohl's.  I love Kohl's.  They have my style and fit of jeans and cropped pants.  I love it when you find a particular brand that just fits.  And it never hurts when they are on sale - a significant sale amount.  And then it is a bonus when you can print another 15%-off coupon!  It took a little effort to wheel down the narrow aisles, into the dressing room and try on numerous pants and tops.  I often vacillate between 2 sizes, and right now, unfortunately, I'm into the larger of the two.  UGH!  I just can't do anything to get this weight off right now.  Well....I could - I could eat like a mouse, but when I get back on my feet, I'll be more motivated.  Anyway, I was able to pick up a few things, and along with my coupon, I saved more than 2 times what I paid, PLUS another $50!  Woo hoo!!

Earlier in the day, while Guy was out, I needed a piece of red fabric. I didnt know for sure which piece of red fabric, but I knew I'd know it when I saw it. That's why I couldn't just wait until he came home and ask him to get it for me.  Honestly, there are very few things I could send Guy into my quilt room and have him actually find it.  There are a few things in there that are organized in such a manner, but not many right now.  I pretty much know where most things are, but couldn't tell someone else.  So I dragged myself up the stairs, along with my grab-it-stick (just in case), down the hallway between bedrooms and into the hallway to the quilt room.  In that quilt room hallway are some pieces of fabric, and ah HA, there was the exact fabric I needed! 

However, the matching thread was still clear at the other end of the room, so I still had to scoot all that way.  Thankfully, when Guy replaced two of the drawers of my thread a few weeks ago when I sent him after some colors, he didn't put them back in the order they were in.  As a result, the drawer with my reds and pinks was in a lower position, and I could actually reach it from the floor!  Otherwise, I would have been up a creek!  I forgot to take a plastic bag with me, so I stuck the red fabric to the leg of my pants, and stuffed 3 spools of thread in my pockets, and scooted off down the hallways. 

During the evening I made another pocket to go on a T-shirt I got some time ago.   I really like the way this one turned out.  Now I'm really ready for some football!!  Roll Tide Roll!!!!!
 
Isn't that little elephant a cutie?
 
More gifts....
 
12.  Church on Sunday.  Love my Sunday school class, teacher (a long-time friend), class members who are such wonderful friends.  Love the worship part of the service - fabulous music, not just professional quality musicians (which they are), but spirit-filled individuals.  Love the preaching - fairly new pastor, but not a new preacher.  He may be young, but his messages are Bible-filled and powerful.

13.  A Sunday afternoon nap.  Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment