Monday, October 24, 2016

Almost there.....

It’s getting very close now.  Just one more night.  I had hoped I’d be able to go in early in the morning to get this ball rolling, but someone else had other ideas.  I’m sure surgery in a big place like that is a surgery scheduler’s nightmare!  I’m to be there at 8:00 for a 9:00 scan of my lymph nodes.  Then I wait……wait……wait…..(stomach growing) until NOON.  At that time, I’m to go to the surgery area to be prepared for a 2:15 pm surgery (yes, 2:15!) where they will take some sample lymph nodes and remove both of these “nasty things” on my head (and the hair with it :)) and do the skin grafts.  I have no idea how long that will take.  I guess I’ve waited 11 days since the initial appointment with this doctor, so what’s a few more hours?? 

I have printed several Bible verses on a piece of paper that I’m taking with me.  I guess I’ll have plenty of time to read them over and over.

Two blessings today – Mark came home from Canada, and Jeannine flew in from Colorado.  



So happy to have my kids here with me!!  They will both be here until Thursday.  Since I’ll be staying overnight in the hospital, I’m hoping to get to go back to Little River Thursday or Friday.  We’ll see how I get along.

I doubt that I’ll be able to blog tomorrow, but Guy will be posting on FB.  Just watch for updates there. 

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
 Isaiah 41:10

A great big huge thank you for all your prayers, your thoughts, and kind encouraging words!!! We surely do feel them!!

Still in His almighty healing hands.....


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment