Saturday, April 22, 2017

Ending the week pretty good.....

Overall, this had really been a pretty good week in spite of all that has happened.  At this point in the game, it is always a good week when I feel good.  Any time I can be up and about for over an hour and not break out in a cold sweat, it is a very good thing.  It’s been a while since I’ve felt like going out for breakfast at our favorite place – Scrambled Sam’s.  

It’s not much to look at, but it is the absolute best breakfast you’ll find anywhere!!!  It’s a mom-and-pop-owner that are just the nicest people with great service.  I challenge you to find better food anywhere!  It’s always such a treat for me to get eat there.  I get the one egg, two bacon (none better – cob smoked), toast and “sweet cream pancake.”  

I’m not ordinarily a pancake person, but this is indescribable.  It is kind of crunchy on both sides and just melts in your mouth.  It must be terribly unhealthy because it tastes sooooo good!!

Wednesday and Thursday I felt strong, but woke up Friday morning shaky, weaker feeling.  It was fluids day.  Last Tuesday they decided to give me an extra 500 ml along with the chemo to see if that would hold me better through the week, and I think it really helped.  After my 1000 ml Friday morning, it helped, but I rested most of the day – AFTER I went to WalMart.  I used one of the riding carts to do a little shopping.  I just hate using those carts.  First of all, they go so slowly, and the store is so large.  I feel like I need to hurry because Guy has already been waiting 2 hours for me. But I get to shop so seldomly, I enjoy it when I can.  However, with that cart, I feel so conspicuous riding it.  I wonder if people look at me and think, “Yeah, I bet she needs one of those!”  I feel like I’m always in the way on one of them.  And I hate that “BEEP, BEEP, BEEP” they make when you have to back up.  I just want to be able to walk right in there and walk normally down the aisles just like everyone else!!  sigh! 

Today, Saturday, I had a little more energy.  However, I was very sleepy and took a morning and afternoon nap.  That is just the way some days go.

Tomorrow, the pastor has asked me to play my keyboard while communion is served.  I always look forward to Sundays.  I love our SS class and everyone in it.  I love the church service, too.  It gives me a sense of peace and calming right now.

The place on my head has not gone away.  Guy thinks it is drying somewhat, but it does feel a bit “thicker” – a little more lumpy.  I’ve not really been worrying about it this week.  For days, I looked at it in the mirror 5-6 times a day.  One day, I didn’t look at it until bedtime.  I certainly have not forgotten about it, but I’m not stressing out over it. Whatever will be will be.  I just want the oncologist to look at it and tell what the plan is, and let’s get on with it.

From Jesus Calling:

TRUST ME, and don’t be afraid.  Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly.  You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable.  Let me lead you to the rock that is higher than you and your circumstances.  Take refuge in the shelter of my wings, where you are absolutely secure.


When you are shaken out of your comfortable routine, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunities.  Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new.  I lead you on from glory to glory, making you fit for My kingdom.  Say yes to the ways I work in your life.  Trust me and don’t be afraid. 

As always.......I'm in His hands.....

No comments:

Post a Comment