Friday, October 13, 2017

Pictures.....look at your own risk..... :)

I’m going to post some pictures here for those that have the stomach to look.  My nurse friends always want to "see the details."  Tonight, I got a look at the wound with the graft – from the last surgery – the one the doctor said look so good.  I’m not sure what his measuring stick is, but I would not have used the word “good”.  But I don’t know what other positive word he could have used.  Anyway, I needed to change the dressing on it, so I had to take it off.  Honestly?  I almost cried!  Is this really what I will live with for the rest of my life??? I came out of the bathroom, and said to Guy, “This is really not pretty!”  He tried to reassure me by saying that the edges were swollen and red, and that would decrease with time.  He reminded me of how ugly my arm was as it was healing, and how it looks today.  Well, my arm is still not very pretty today, but the sight of it does not bother me.  Guy dressed it back up like they had done it since I can’t really do it one handed while holding a mirror.  I sure hope I’ll be able to wear a wig before too long.  The good thing is, winter is coming, and I have lots of really cute hats.  All summer, I’ve just gone bare-headed.  Most of the time I’ve had some kind of bandage back there.  But this little number will have to be covered for a while.  OK, I’ll have you scroll down to view the picture.  And then I’ll add some others.





That is some crater, isn't it?  It's not like the nice full flap in the upper left of the picture.

 I guess I’ll go ahead in include the picture of the wound before the graft, because, frankly, it’s not a lot worse than the one above! The gray is from the bolster that had crystalized silver nitrate embedded in it.


Here is my arm as it was healing and then completely healed.















I’m just hoping that over time, there will be some measure of improvement in the appearance on my head.


But as always…….I’m in His hands…….

No comments:

Post a Comment