Monday, May 14, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Lately things have been pretty crazy in my life. Haven't been able to do much quilting. Since my daughter and family are moving from SC to CO, and Charles is already there, I've been spending a lot of time in SC helping with the girls and selling of the house. I was in SC a week; then she and the girls came home to B'ham with me, and now we are back in SC. Today I picked up Maya (6) from school, and we went to Barnes & Noble for a special treat. She luuuuvs chocolate (and so do I!), so we shared a triple chocolate cookie, she had hot cocoa, and I had a cafe mocha. 

Then she wanted to buy a "chapter book." She is learning to read in kindergarden, and she thinks it is a big deal to buy a book that has chapters in it - like the adults. So we bought a book about Ribsy, a dog that goes shopping with the family, gets lost in the parking lot and ends up in the wrong car. Now he is trying to find his way back home.

This morning it was picture time for Sofia (4) at the dance studio. They are preparing for their recital June 1.
 
Here she is with her little friend (left) that is in her class at school.

Boy, I'm going to miss these little granddaughters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment