Sunday, April 29, 2007

Semester is nearly over!!

The spring semester is nearly over. I just have to give their final exam tomorrow. I don't know who will be the happiest - me or the students - when it is all over! The last faculty meeting is Thursday. Then I'm taking off for Gatlinburg, TN to enjoy our annual church ladies' retreat. When I return, I'll seriously start looking for an airfare to go to Bozeman. I probably won't go until some time in June. I'll be teaching the first three weeks of the summer term, just to get my subsititue started. I hope to do a little quilting in my time off before I go to Montata. This has been such a horrendous semester; I haven't even had time to THINK about quilting. Working day and night, seven days a week, just to stay ahead of my students with this pediatric material wasn't exactly my idea of fun. I need some time off!!!



Jeannine keeps sending little video clips of Maya that make my day. This one is called "Maya singing opera." (Click on the arrow twice.) I can't believe she is talking so much!! She gets on the phone and says, "Hi, Grandma!" just plain as day. I know when I get there, I'll see a very different little girl from when they were here for Christmas.

The boys seem to be adjusted to their new house. Dylan called the other day and said he wanted to come stay all night at Grandmas. Last night Mark and Fernanda had a wedding to attend, so they brought the boys by for supper and to stay all night. Then we took them to church with us this morning. We had a lot of fun. There certainly is not a dull moment when they are around!

No comments:

Post a Comment