Friday, October 21, 2016

Relax in My Presence.....

RELAX IN MY HEALING PRESENCE.

As you spend time with Me [Jesus], your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today’s plans and problems. Bring your mind back to Me for refreshment and renewal.  Let the light of My Presence soak into you, as you focus your thoughts on Me.  Thus I equip you to face whatever the day brings.  This sacrifice of time pleases Me and strengthens you.  Do not skimp on our time together.  Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you.  From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

That first sentence above jumped off the page at me!  I’m trying….really I am.  Then that stinkin’ thing starts dripping blood down my neck, and reality jerks me away.  :(

 Then I remember…..

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 28:11

That verse has long been a favorite of mine – ever since I found it underlined in my daughter’s Bible that she took to college.

I slept in this morning (as I do most mornings anymore – retired, remember?), and after I got up and cleaned up that mess made in my hair, Guy wanted to go to breakfast – to a bagel shop he had seen.  That sounded like a good idea to me.  I got a cinnamon raisin one with honey butter on it, toasted.  Oh, that was good!  I’m not a big bagel eater, but it sure tasted good to me, along with my decaf coffee.  It was a nice diversion from my usual morning bowl of cold cereal with whatever fruit I have in the freezer.

By the way, I’m already out of peaches.  I usually try to freeze up enough peaches while they are in season in Alabama to last the winter, but this year, with the move and all, I didn’t get that done – and wouldn’t have really had a way to get them from Alabama to Kansas and keep frozen.  I guess I could have if it had been a priority, but we had few other things to get there, too.  Anyway, once in Kansas, I did find some good Colorado peaches that I froze, but I didn’t get enough of them.  You know how you go to the store and see fruit, but you don’t want to get a whole load of it, only to find out that it is pithy or has no taste.  If it’s good, by the time you go back, it’s a whole new batch in its spot, and when you buy a whole load of it, the new shipment IS pithy and tasteless!  Well, anyway, those Colorado peaches were really good, but they were about half the size of the Alabama ones, so they didn’t last long.  I’ll really look forward to peach season next year (with that peach juice running down your arm when you bite into one!), and maybe I can lay away a winter’s worth then.  Most of the time I can find fairly decent strawberries.  If they smell like strawberries, they usually taste like strawberries.  I guess that is kind of an obvious thing to say, but sometimes you smell them, and there’s really no smell.  Those are usually from the off-season and the end by the stem is white and hard.  During strawberry season, you pick up the container, and the aroma is that of bright, red, luscious strawberries!! So, because I can generally find them year round, I buy and freeze those to go on my cereal.  There may not always be a delicious strawberry taste, but it at least makes me think I’m getting some fruit.

Well…..how did I get down that rabbit trail…..

Sula, Mark’s housekeep/nanny is a WORKER!!  She vacuumed every nook and cranny this morning, mopped all the hardwood floors, washed every washable rug in the house and all the dog beds, and cleaned the bathrooms.  Boy, I’m getting spoiled here!

And speaking of hair (further up on the page)…..I think I’m going to have to cut some of it.  I just can’t keep it clean around the area.  Since the surgeon is going to take a 3” circle of skin, the hair is going to go with it anyway.  I’m going to see if Guy can just clip it to about ¼-1/2 inch long, at least that which is growing out of the thing and maybe a half inch around it.  That will make cleaning it a little easier.  I can’t really get the blood out of my hair without just washing my whole head, and I can’t do that twice a day.  OR, I could make a fashion statement and walk around with pink and gray hair!  :)  On second thought……:(

Because of the Lordʼs great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”  Lamentations 3: 22-24



Still trusting Him……

No comments:

Post a Comment