Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Encouraging words......

My dear friend and former colleague, Diann Barrett, reminded me to read the 91st Psalm.  I did, and this is what jumped of the page at me: (The Message)

He ordered his angels
to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
their job is to keep you from falling.
“If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God,
“I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!”

I can’t wait for that “party”!!  :)

I have the most thoughtful sister!  She has always been that way.  I’ve already received 3 cards from her while here in Kansas City.  But this 3rd one that came today was just the perfect message.






This evening, it was the 121st Psalm, once again from The Message

1-2I look up to the mountains;
does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
3-4He won’t let you stumble,
your Guardian God won’t fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel’s
Guardian will never doze or sleep.
5-6God’s your Guardian,
right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke,
sheltering you from moonstroke.
7-8God guards you from every evil,
he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
he guards you now, he guards you always.

I take great comfort in those words as I think about tomorrow, Thursday.  At 8:30 a.m. I will be getting my preanesthia testing.  Then at 10:45, I’ll be getting my contrast, probably by IV, and then the CT scan of my lungs.  I’ve had an MRI before, but never a CT scan.  I know with an MRI, you have to lie COMPLETELY still for (it seems like) an eternity.  And it is terribly noisey!  I’m hoping the scan does not take that long. My dad was allergic to the iodine they use for the contrast so he always had to premedicate before his tests.  I don’t think I’ve ever been exposed to iodine.  Hope I’m not allergic to it.  From what I’ve read you may get a metallic taste in your mouth and feel a warmth.  Well, since I’m usually cold, that might be nice.

Well, enough of thinking about that!  For fun today, we went to breakfast with Mark at the Big Biscuit.  None of us had any biscuits!  :)  But the bacon and eggs were really good.  My toast was even buttered on both sides! 

Later in the morning, Mark wanted to drive us to The Plaza.  The other day I looked online at the top 10 things to see and do in Kansas City.  The Plaza was the 1st one listed.  When I was a child and visited KC with my parents, I barely remember being at The Plaza.  I’ve heard the time to see it is at Christmas time.  I’m sure it is just beautiful then!  On the way we stopped at an Apple store so Mark could take a laptop in for repair.  That took considerable time, so while waiting we went shopping in the area.  They had an Orvis store.  I had never heard of it, but the clothing was very nice (and rather pricey).  While Mark, Su, and I strolled through the Crate and Barrel store, Guy stayed behind at Orvis.  When we met up again, Guy had found something on the Orvis sale rack.  I told him about the super-soft T-shirts in Orvis – they had a lot of modal in them.  That always makes a garment feel so nice.  He told me I should have gotten one.  I told him $39 was too much for a T-shirt!!  He insisted I go in and get one – that I deserved it.  Awwwww….well, if he was going to put it that way….. So I went back in, and in addition to the T-shirt, he found me zipped pull-over that had an interesting design he really liked.  So now I have 2 new tops to wear.  I felt a little pampered! :)

By the time we got done there, it was too late to go to The Plaza.  It was time to go pick up Chris from school.  Well, that’s OK.  We still have some time here.  Mark will be leaving tomorrow afternoon, flying back to Canada, but this time he will only be gone 4 days.

So the waiting continues……..



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment