Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Catching up on Tuesday

Didn't get to write last night. Spent part of the evening in a bathroom with my radio, computer, and a flashlight, waiting out the tornado sirens. Often tornados cross Alabama this time of the year, but most go north of us or south. Last night, this one was a little too close for comfort. I don't believe there was ever one actually sighted - just noted on radar. But several large trees were blown down in the suburbs north of us. Just high straight-line winds. It all sure interrupted Dancing with the Stars! Our meterologist, James Spann goes "wall-to-wall" covereage when theis happens. So DWTS was seen in a box on the screen along with James, but DWTS could not be heard. Well, thankfully, it all didn't last long, and we were in the all-clear.

Today I made it official - I signed my retirement papers!! I had to drive to the north side of town to meet with the HR person on that campus because they don't have an office on our south campus. He will send the paper on to the state, they will send me the next set of papers where I choose my option for being paid, and I'll be well on my way! 23 days and counting....

While on that side of town, I stopped by my favorite quilt shop. It had been so long since I've been there. I used to go quite often when I taught on that side of town. Guess it is a good thing I'm on the south end now. Anyway, I picked up some fat quarters to make a couple more bag shells for Jeannine. Below are the combinations. Hope to get those done along with the others sometime this week or next.

I got a call today that my taxes are nearly ready. The suspense is killing. I want to know, but I don't. I'm sure it will not be good news. Oh, well, what's a person to do... It's just like the price of gas - you gotta pay...and pay....and pay....

No comments:

Post a Comment